Over the weekend, the boy mentioned to me about trying gluten free. It was just a passing comment, but I took on the challenge! I am taking on this challenge with no gluten-free substitutes, i.e. bread and pasta. I am taking this to throw extra veggies his way and the zucchini was a success! I personally use a julienne peeler to julienne my veggies but am looking into something better if anyone has suggestions. Has anyone used a spiralizer? Are they easier? The peeler is great, just very tedious for large amounts. My mandolin also has a julienne attachment but it sucks so any and all suggestions are welcome =]
Lemon Chicken with Garlic and Basil Zucchini
2 Chicken breasts
2T Lemon juice
Dash of salt and pepper
2 Medium zucchinis
3T Minced garlic
1 Chicken bouillon cube
1. Cut your chicken weirdly. The only way I can explain it is to slice it, but not all the way through. This will help it marinade quicker, like this
2. Mix thyme, rosemary, lemon juice, EVOO, salt, and pepper together and marinate chicken. I just threw mine in a plastic baggie on the counter for 20 minutes
3. Julienne your zucchini. Do this however you can, see my notes above for gadgets
4. Melt butter in pan and add garlic, basil, and chicken bouillon cube. Saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes
When I made this I used the 4T of butter called in the original and most of the butter was sitting in the pan after we ate it, hence why we cut it down to 1T. If you like it saucy, feel free to use 2T
5. Add your zucchini and toss to coat. Cook until zucchini is tender but not mushy
6. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet and add your chicken. I always cook it with the marinade so that went in there too. Cook it until it is no longer pink in the middle, flipping halfway through. Ours took about 10 minutes total.
This was seriously delicious and the boy actually said he wanted more vegetables when he was done! That is impressive!