French dips are one of my favorite sandwiches to get when I go out. I know they will never skimp on the meat and that’s all I care about! When I found this recipe, I was overjoyed! Super simple, super quick, and super delish. Three of my favorite things.
French Dip Sandwiches
2c Broth, either beef or veggie
1t Minced garlic
1lb Deli roast beef, rare if possible
4oz Mushrooms, sliced
1/2 Onion, sliced
4 pieces French bread
4 slices Provolone
1. Melt butter in sauce pan and saute mushrooms and onion until soft
2. Meanwhile, bring broth, chardonnay, garlic, and thyme to a boil
3. Submerge roast beef in broth until warmed and remove. Buying rare deli meat helps prevent overcooking the meat and getting tough at this stage.
4. Once meat is warmed, remove meat from the broth and pour broth into individual bowls for dipping
5. Put oven on broil and make sandwiches. Layering provolone, veggies, and meat on the French bread. Broil until cheese is melted and bread is crusty
6. Dip in broth and enjoy!
Yea, there’s lipstick on my sandwich. I almost forgot to take a picture, but don’t worry, I remembered after bite one!