This recipe was pretty good but just a little bland. The only thing I will add next time is a 1/2c of grated parmesan just to enhance the flavor. Otherwise it was good. It definitely makes a lot of food though. Like a lot. We could only eat half of it so keep that in mind.
Spinach and Artichoke One Pot Pasta
12oz Spaghetti noodles
5c Veggie broth
8oz Mushrooms, sliced
1-12oz can Artichoke hears, coarsely chopped
1/2 Onion, diced
8oz Frozen spinach
2T Minced garlic
1. Place everything in a pot and bring it to a boil
2. Once everything is boiling, make sure to stir it around so that nothing sticks and the noodles stay mostly covered in broth
3. Once everything is cooked, enjoy!
I haven’t tried it yet, but you could stir in parmesan cheese at the end for a little extra flavor. Let me know if any of you try it!
This is literally the easiest thing I have ever made. This time, I made it without meat but next time I might throw in some ground beef or sausage. This is one of the best vegetarian recipes ever though. Ten times better than regular spaghetti.
Easy Crock Pot Spaghetti Squash
1 Spaghetti squash
2c Spaghetti sauce
1lb Ground meat, optional
1. Pierce the spaghetti squash with a fork all over and then pop it in the microwave for a minute. This makes it easier to cut in half
2. Cut spaghetti squash in half and spoon out the seeds
3. Spoon spaghetti sauce into the bottom (and meat, if using) of your crock and place spaghetti squash, face down, on top
4. Cook on low for 5 hours
5. When finished, scrape out squash with a fork and top with sauce!
This was an awesome change up on the normal roast recipe. I chose to eat in on tortillas, but you could also serve it over rice. The only thing different in this roast recipe, is the flavors are added at the end. No tasting along the way!
Cuban Shredded Roast
1 1/2lb Roast
Salt and pepper
3 Mini sweet peppers, I used 1 orange, 1 yellow, 1 red, seeded and sliced
1 Jalapeno, seeded and sliced
1 Onion, slice
2T Minced garlic
2T Orange juice
2t Lime juice
1. In slow cooker, put sliced peppers and onions in the bottom and place roast on top. Season roast with salt and pepper
2. Cook on low for 6-10 hours, depending on how long you want to. I will cook a roast all the way up to 12 hours if Im working a long shift but they’re usually medium rare at about 6 hours and medium at around 8.
3. Combine garlic, cumin, orange juice, and lime juice in a bowl
4. Shred beef in pot with a fork and then pour juice mixture over it. Spoon around until everything is combined and warm
5. Serve on tortillas or rice and enjoy!
This is a recipe that I found and didn’t really read. So when I went to go make it and actually read the recipe, I was so confused. I think it’s supposed to be more of an egg bake type thing? The original calls for evaporated milk and eggs and weird stuff. So I changed all of that. There is still rice and chicken in it and that is about the only similarity.
Chicken Verde Casserole
2 Chicken breasts
2c Cooked rice
1can Green enchilada sauce
1c Shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together rice, enchilada sauce, 1/2T cilantro, jalapeno, and 1/2c shredded cheese
3. Place mixture in a greased oven safe dish
4. Place chicken breasts on top of casserole and sprinkle with remaining cilantro and cheese
5. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and enjoy!