Swedish meatballs is something I used to love growing up. Well, I think so anyways. I remember having Swedish meatballs but I don’t remember what they taste like. It could just be the meatballs we bought from Sam’s were called Swedish meatballs. Point is meat+pasta+sauce is good in any combination. I did alter the recipe a little as I was missing a few ingredients but they turned out super tasty!
1lb Ground beef
1/4c Bread crumbs
1 Egg Yolk
Dash of Cinnamon
2c Beef Broth
3/8c Plain Greek Yogurt (I subbed this for sour cream so feel free to use either)
1. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, nutmeg, cinnamon, and egg yolk until well mixed
2. Form into balls, I made 12
3. Heat 1T EVOO in pan and brown meatballs on all sides
Make sure meatballs are mostly cooked before you remove them as they will only cook in the sauce a little bit
4. Remove meatballs
5. Melt butter in same pan and scrape any bit of delicious beef that have stuck. Stir in flour and stir until well combined.
6. Stir in beef broth and bring to a simmer. Let it simmer for a few minutes to thicken it up
7. Add in Greek yogurt and stir until it is all mixed up then add your meatballs back to the sauce to coat and warm back up and finish cooking.
You’ll notice there are now only 6 meatballs, I left the boy six of them to eat with spaghetti since he doesn’t like cream sauce. I’m so nice =]
Traditionally you can eat this over egg noodles or mashed potatoes. I chose spaghetti solely because I was heating up spaghetti for the boy otherwise I would have used egg noodles.