This was an awesome change up on the normal roast recipe. I chose to eat in on tortillas, but you could also serve it over rice. The only thing different in this roast recipe, is the flavors are added at the end. No tasting along the way!
Cuban Shredded Roast
1 1/2lb Roast
Salt and pepper
3 Mini sweet peppers, I used 1 orange, 1 yellow, 1 red, seeded and sliced
1 Jalapeno, seeded and sliced
1 Onion, slice
2T Minced garlic
2T Orange juice
2t Lime juice
1. In slow cooker, put sliced peppers and onions in the bottom and place roast on top. Season roast with salt and pepper
2. Cook on low for 6-10 hours, depending on how long you want to. I will cook a roast all the way up to 12 hours if Im working a long shift but they’re usually medium rare at about 6 hours and medium at around 8.
3. Combine garlic, cumin, orange juice, and lime juice in a bowl
4. Shred beef in pot with a fork and then pour juice mixture over it. Spoon around until everything is combined and warm
5. Serve on tortillas or rice and enjoy!