Chipotle is one of my favorite flavors. It’s spicy, delicious, and delicious. I changed these chicken kabobs around to suit my needs for the day and cooked them in the oven instead of on the grill as we did not want to take the time to preheat the grill. I also did not head the warning on marinating. I marinated these for about 5 hours. Bad idea. The lime does start to eat away at the chicken and make a weird texture out of the chicken. So, definitely only marinate this for 30-60 minutes. The original also left the seeds of the chipotle pepper out so that they got more flavor than spice. I ignored that and they were perfect! But we like spicy. If you don’t, please seed the chipotle pepper before you use it.
If you only tend to use one chipotle pepper at a time, I freeze mine in a Ziploc baggie and just thaw it out whenever I need one and they stay good for a while =]
Side note: I did not cube my chicken since it was essentially in strips already, I just slid it on. Feel free to use the chicken how you like
Chipotle Chicken Kabobs
2lbs Chicken, cubed. I used 5 Chicken breast tenderloins for the two of us but there was definitely marinade to go further
3/4t Chili Powder
1/4t Cayenne Pepper
1T Minced garlic
1T Brown sugar
1 Chipotle pepper in adobo, with seeds for spice, without for less spice
1. Mix all ingredients together for marinade and process in food processer until smooth
2. Cover chicken with marinade and let sit in fridge for 30-60 minutes
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees or grill to about medium
4. Slide chicken onto skewers place on baking dish if using oven
5. Cook chicken about 15 minutes or until it is no longer pink and reaches a temperature of 160 degrees
I served my kabobs with some Spanish Rice =] They would also be killer as a taco filler, with just a little cheese and lettuce, yumm!