I haven’t decided how I feel about this recipe yet. It could have been REALLY good. But it wasn’t quite there. However the ham I used was very close to going bad and had barely any flavor left and I think that’s why it fell short. The flavor was awesome, it was just missing that meaty flavor. Next time I will use good ham and enjoy the crap out of this! I did cut this recipe in half and used jarred roasted red peppers since that’s what I have and I’m not a huge fan of the flavor of fresh peppers.
Ham Skillet Pasta
1/2 Bag egg noodles
1 1/2c Cooked ham, cubed
1/2 Roasted red pepper, diced
1/4 Onion, diced
1T Minced garlic
3/4c Chicken broth
1/2T Lemon juice
1/4-1/2c Parmesan cheese, to taste
1. Bring pot of water to a boil and cook noodles according to directions, drain
2. Melt butter in large skillet and add red pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook until onions are soft
3. Add ham, basil, and oregano and cook just until herbs become fragrant, about five minutes
4. Add broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Let cook a few minutes to reduce liquid a little.
5. Stir in drained pasta along with 1/4c Parmesan cheese and parsley and combine. Top with remaining parmesan cheese if desired.