The boy went out of town for the weekend to his mom’s house to go hunting which meant I got to cook veggies! And not just on the side, in the actual meal without anyone picking them out =] It was glorious! I opted to not put the chicken in here as I didn’t have any but threw some mushrooms in. I also didn’t add the sun dried tomatoes as I also did not have those. And I don’t like to add tomatoes to cream sauces and it causes an identity crisis I feel. I really wanted to turn this into only a two pan meal, but that didn’t happen. I did do the dishes afterwards though so keep the applause down! Anyone, onto better things, the recipe!
Creamy Garlic Veggie Pasta
1/2 Box spaghetti
2 Slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Most of a can of artichoke hearts. I would be lying if I said I only used half but there are just a few left in the fridge
Big handful of fresh spinach
5oz Mushrooms, sliced. Or more, depends on how much you like veggies
2T Minced garlic
3/4c Chicken broth
1/4c Parmesan cheese
1t Italian seasoning
1. Bring pot of water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to directions, drain
2. In seperate massive pan, melt 2T butter and add garlic, saute about a minute until garlic is fragrant. Add flour and combine very well
3. Add milk and chicken broth and whisk, this will prevent clumping but help thicken the sauce. Set burner on low, stir in bacon, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning and let it sit, meanwhile…
4. Melt 1T butter in yet another pan and saute mushrooms until soft. Add spinach and artichokes and cook until spinach wilts and artichokes are warm. Toss with sauce until well combined.
5. Add noodles and let them sit in a minute in the sauce to really soak it up. Yummmmmmy