This happens to be the best way to essentially eat a pizza and a calzone and not get messy. You dip it in pizza sauce like a calzone, but it’s rolled like a wrap so the innards don’t fall out everywhere. These are super customizable depending on what type of filling you use. The first time I made it with sausage, mushrooms, and cheese and the boy had pepperoni and sausage. This time he had salami and cheese and I had salami, cheese, mushrooms, and pepperoncinis. They have been delicious every time so feel free to use whatever ingredients you have on hand and enjoy.
1 Pizza crust, dough form. We used the kind in a packet like cookies but pizza crust.
Toppings of your choice
Minced garlic or garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to temperature on the instructions of pizza crust and grease a cookie sheet or pizza stone
2. Mix pizza crust together according to directions and split into two if you like different toppings, but can be done as one. Roll out into a square as best as you can and as evenly as possible.
3. Sprinkle dough with italian seasonings and fill with cheese and toppings of your choice. Don’t pile too high as you will roll this like a burrito in a second
4. Roll like a burrito to keep ends together and sprinkle with more cheese and garlic. I use refrigerated garlic so I just spread it over the dough.
5. Bake according to directions plus some. Ours said 12-15 minutes and I baked ours about 25. Just keep checking it until it’s golden and the dough on the inside is cooked.
6. Serve with marinara or your favorite pizza sauce. Here’s my Homemade Marinara recipe