I needed something super simple to eat this week for Saturday but didn’t end up making it so I made it today. And holy delicious. I did add a few things and not really follow the directions, obviously, but they were simple additions still. I was going to add mushrooms to my half but I forgot, whoops. Hopefully I will next time.
1lb Ground sausage, I used Jimmy Dean Hot
1-15oz can Tomato sauce
1-2T Dried Italian seasoning
1/4c Red wine, I use merlot
1/2 can Tomato sauce, the really tiny cans
1/2 bag Frozen ravioli, I used mini cheese ones
Handful of shredded Italian cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Brown sausage in pan. Once browned, add tomato sauce, tomato paste, red wine, and Italian seasonings and let cook a few minutes. I didn’t have enough ravioli so I ran to the store for more while this cooked (don’t worry, the boy was home in case anything went wrong). But 5-10 minutes should be fine, just enough to flavor the sauce as it will combine more in the oven too
3. Put a little sauce in the bottom of a baking dish so the ravioli won’t stick to the bottom, then layer ravioli, sauce, ravioli, sauce. Bake 20 minutes and remove from oven
4. Sprinkle cheese on top and put back in oven until melted. Took about 5 minutes on my end. You could also use your broiler for this if you wanted good melty cheese.
5. Eat all of it. I scooped us huge helpings and then the boy went back for seconds and left me some. He left me four mini raviolis. About the size of 1 or 2 regular sized ones. I think I found a keeper.