I was really excited about this recipe. It didn’t quite shine as much as I had hoped, but with a little fresh lemon juice squeezed over it right before eating, it is pretty fantastic. I will definitely make it again, but add more garlic, butter, and lemon. Granted, I did not make it as the recipe instructed (do I ever?), but I did use most of the right ingredients. I could not find clam juice as called for in the original, so I did not get to use that, just the chicken broth.
Butter and Garlic Shrimp Penne
3T Minced garlic
1lb Shrimp, shelled and deveined
Enough penne for two people, we used about half a box
Dash of red pepper flakes
2T Gravy flour
3/4c Chicken broth
1t Lemon juice
Lemons or juice to sprinkle over top
1. Bring pot of water to boil and cook penne according to directions, drain.
2. Heat garlic and oil in a pan and let cook until garlic is fragrant and golden. Stir so that the garlic doesn’t burn
3. Add Shrimp and cook until opaque. Set aside (I didn’t do this and the shrimp overcooked in the sauce so I recommend to do this step) Leave the juice that came from the shrimp, oil, and garlic in pan
4. Add Flour and stir so that their are no clumps. Add chicken broth, parsley, red pepper flakes, butter, and lemon juice and cook until thickened enough. Add a little more chicken broth if it thickens too much
5. Add shrimp and noodles to the sauce and make sure everything is coated and warm
6. Serve with lemon wedges so you can squeeze fresh juice onto the pasta (REALLY does make a difference)