Noodles and chicken gravy was my favorite meal growing up. My parents never cooked it, of course, so whenever I had to fend for my own dinner, that is what I made. Today I was craving some major comfort food so that is what I made. Well, a little more grown up since I added actual chicken and some veggies and herbs and such but it is the same base.
Chicken and Noodles
1/2 Box of pasta, I used elbow macaroni
2-3c Chicken broth
3 Bay leaves
1T Dried parsley
1T Minced garlic
1/4c Parmesan cheese
2 Chicken breasts, cut how you like, mine were diced
Any veggie add ins, I used 4 mushrooms and 1/4c peas. This was just for me as the boy doesn’t like veggies
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring water to boil and cook noodles according to direction. Drain
2. Bring 2-3 cups of broth to a boil and add bay leaves, parsley, and garlic. Let boil for a few minutes
3. Brown chicken and veggies in pan. I did my veggies separate from the chicken since the boy won’t eat them.
4. Add flour to the broth in small amounts and briskly whisk as to prevent clumps. Continue to add flour until it is almost thick enough
5. Stir noodles, broth, chicken, and veggies into a pot and let sit for a second to mend flavors together. Add parmesan cheese and salt and pepper if desired.